5 myths about fitness
- Myth - Women should not lift weights because it makes them muscular.
Reality - Strength training helps decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass and burns calories more efficiently. Therefore, lifting weights will not make necessarily women bulky.
- Myth - Low-intensity exercise burns more fat.
Reality - The more intense your workout routine is, the higher proportion of calories you burn.
- Myth - You can spot reduce for tighter abs or toned arms.
Reality - If you want muscle definition or a six pack, you need to incorporate a cardio routine, a proper diet, and then site specific workouts.
- Myth - Stretching will help prevent injuries.
Reality - Stretching neither prevents nor causes injuries.
- Myth - A daily workout routine means that I can eat junk food all day.
Reality - Working out daily does not negate a poor diet.